Jump to Main Content
- María P. Casas; Enma Conde; Herminia Domínguez; Andrés Moure
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 166-173
- Sargassum muticum; algae; alginates; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; cytotoxicity; enzymatic treatment; enzyme activity; enzymes; feedstocks; fibroblasts; humans; melanoma; mice; solubilization; ultrasonics; unsaturated fatty acids
- ... An ecofriendly process based on an enzyme-assisted extraction coupled with ultrasound extraction was proposed to obtain soluble bioactive fractions from Sargassum muticum. Whole algae (Sm) and residual algae from alginate production (AESm) were employed as feedstock. Aqueous enzyme treatment with commercial complex enzyme formulations or with mixture of enzymes lead to maximum solubilization yield ...
- Lee, K.S.; Choi, Y.S.; Seo, J.S.
- Journal of medicinal food 2004 v.7 no.2 pp. 130-135
- peroxides; aqueous solutions; catalase; algae; diabetes mellitus; alginates; blood glucose; plant extracts; enzyme activity; superoxide dismutase; alpha-tocopherol; glutathione peroxidase; animal models; antioxidant activity; rats; dietary supplements; vitamin A; protective effect