Jump to Main Content
- Larsen, Jan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2016 v.204 pp. 513-520
- analytical methods; detection limit; esterification; galacturonic acid; pectins; rapid methods; response surface methodology
- ... A novel method for automated determination pectin degree of esterification (DE) using micro sequential injection lab-on-valve (μSI-LOV) system is developed. A face-centered central composite response surface methodology (RSM) was used to optimise system parameters. A calibration graph for determination of non-esterified galacturonic acid (GalA) content in pectin solutions with linear range of 0.08 ...
- Larsen, Jan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2015 v.47 pp. 130-139
- Citrus; arabinose; citrus peels; enzymes; esterification; galacturonic acid; gel strength; gelatinization temperature; gelation; hydrocolloids; pectins; polymers; raw materials; rheological properties; rheology
- ... Citrus peel is the preferred raw material for pectin production, mainly due to its high pectin content but also due to the gelling capabilities. Especially the high galacturonic acid content and the high degree of methyl esterification make it an attractive starting material for further modification. Until now the presence of rhamnogalacturonan-I (RG-I) in commercial pectin has received less atten ...