Jump to Main Content
- Ye, L.Z.; Niu, B.Y.; Luo, L.F.; Shao, G.C.; Mei, S.Q.; Deng, C.Y.; Jiang, S.W.; Xiong, Y.Z.; Li, F.E.
- Livestock science 2009 v.125 no.1 pp. 80-83
- gilts; loci; animal proteins; oviducts; hormone receptors; estrogens; genotype; genes; genetic techniques and protocols; reproductive traits; progeny testing; animal genetics
- ... A method allowing simultaneous genotyping of two loci: pre-implantation protein 3 (prei3) and estrogen receptor (ESR) was presented. In multiplex PCR amplification, two amplicons were simultaneously produced a 294bp fragment of prei3 gene and a 121bp fragment of ESR gene and were then subjected to ''one-tube'' restriction enzyme digestion with MspI and PvuII. A total of 92 sows from the 4th dam li ...
- Ricks, C.A.; Mendu, N.; Phelps, P.V.
- Poultry science 2003 v.82 no.6 pp. 931-938
- chickens; ova; detection; allantoic fluid; embryo (animal); sex determination analysis; estrogens; embryology; genetic engineering; genetic techniques and protocols; cell differentiation; embryogenesis; eggs; animal genetics
- ... The embryonated avian egg is an attractive target for applying technology-based advances to improve poultry production. There are a number of reasons for this. First, the egg is immobile and can be easily accessed by high-speed automated equipment such as the commercial egg injection system used for vaccination of broilers worldwide. Second, due to successful breeding techniques, the embryonic per ...