Jump to Main Content
- Yu, Jinqian; Li, Gang; Mu, Yan; Zhou, Honglei; Wang, Xiao; Yang, Peng
- Natural product research 2019 v.33 no.16 pp. 2308-2313
- Gleditsia sinensis, etc ; apoptosis; breast neoplasms; cytotoxicity; ethanol; humans; inhibitory concentration 50; spectral analysis; triterpenoid saponins; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... One new triterpenoid saponin (1), as well as six known ones (2–7), were isolated from the ethanol extract of the thorns of Gleditsia sinensis. Their structures were elucidated by extensive spectroscopic analysis in conjunction with chemical evidence. Cytotoxic activity of compounds 1–6 was evaluated against human breast cancer MCF 7 cells in vitro by the MTT method. Our results revealed moderate a ...
- Lee, Ji-Hye; Go, Younghoon; Lee, Bonggi; Hwang, Youn-Hwan; Park, Kwang Il; Cho, Won-Kyung; Ma, Jin Yeul
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2018 v.222 pp. 61-70
- Gleditsia sinensis, etc ; DNA; Oriental traditional medicine; acetyl-CoA carboxylase; adipocytes; adipogenesis; cell cycle checkpoints; cell proliferation; ethanol; fatty-acid synthase; fruits; gene expression regulation; genes; hyperlipidemia; lipogenesis; messenger RNA; mitosis; neoplasms; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma; protein content; signal transduction; stearoyl-CoA desaturase; sterols; thrombosis; transactivators; transcription (genetics); Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Gleditsia sinensis Lam. (G. sinensis) has been used in Oriental medicine for tumor, thrombosis, inflammation-related disease, and obesity.The pharmacological inhibitory effects of fruits of G. sinensis (GFE) on hyperlipidemia have been reported, but its inhibitory effects on adipogenesis and underlying mechanisms have not been elucidated. Herein we evaluated the anti-adipogenic effects of GFE and ...
- Yi, Jin-Mu; Park, Jong-Shik; Oh, Se-Mi; Lee, Jun; Kim, Jinhee; Oh, Dal-Seok; Bang, Ok-Sun; Kim, No Soo
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2012 v.12 no.1 pp. 243
- Gleditsia sinensis, etc ; alternative medicine; angiogenesis; antineoplastic agents; cell movement; cytotoxicity; dose response; endothelins; ethanol; human umbilical vein endothelial cells; medicine; mice; obesity; plant spines; proteins; proteomics; thrombosis; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Gleditsia sinensis thorns have been widely used in traditional Korean medicine for the treatment of several diseases, including obesity, thrombosis, and tumor-related diseases. The aim of the study is to determine the antiangiogenic effect of Gleditsia sinensis thorns in vitro and in vivo in a bid to evaluate its potential as an anticancer drug. METHODS: Ethanol extract of Gleditsia si ...
- PubMed Central: