Jump to Main Content
- Michael, Todd P, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Current opinion in plant biology 2015 v.24 pp. 71-81
- agronomic traits; breeding; crops; evolution; genetic markers; genome; genomics; germplasm; nucleotide sequences; phenotype; polyploidy; wild relatives
- ... The availability of plant reference genomes has ushered in a new era of crop genomics. More than 100 plant genomes have been sequenced since 2000, 63% of which are crop species. These genome sequences provide insight into architecture, evolution and novel aspects of crop genomes such as the retention of key agronomic traits after whole genome duplication events. Some crops have very large, polyplo ...
- Michael, Todd P., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Theplant journal 2018 v.96 no.3 pp. 670-684
- Spirodela polyrhiza; bacterial artificial chromosomes; chromosome aberrations; clones; crops; evolution; flowers; fluorescence in situ hybridization; genome; models; nanopores; sequence analysis; vegetative propagation
- ... Duckweeds are the fastest growing angiosperms and have the potential to become a new generation of sustainable crops. Although a seed plant, Spirodela polyrhiza clones rarely flower and multiply mainly through vegetative propagation. Whole‐genome sequencing using different approaches and clones yielded two reference maps. One for clone 9509, supported in its assembly by optical mapping of single D ...