Jump to Main Content
- Michael, Todd P, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Current opinion in plant biology 2015 v.24 pp. 71-81
- agronomic traits; breeding; crops; evolution; genetic markers; genome; genomics; germplasm; nucleotide sequences; phenotype; polyploidy; wild relatives
- ... The availability of plant reference genomes has ushered in a new era of crop genomics. More than 100 plant genomes have been sequenced since 2000, 63% of which are crop species. These genome sequences provide insight into architecture, evolution and novel aspects of crop genomes such as the retention of key agronomic traits after whole genome duplication events. Some crops have very large, polyplo ...
- Michael, Todd P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of botany 2011 v.2011 no.570319 pp. 9
- DNA; Landoltia; Lemna; Spirodela polyrhiza; Wolffia arrhiza; Wolffiella; evolution; flow cytometry; intraspecific variation; nuclear genome; nucleotide sequences; propidium
- ... To extensively estimate the DNA content and to provide a basic reference for duckweed genome sequence research, the nuclear DNA content for 115 different accessions of 23 duckweed species was measured by flow cytometry (FCM) stained with propidium iodide as DNA stain. The 1C-value of DNA content in duckweed family varied nearly thirteen-fold, ranging from 150 megabases (Mbp) in Spirodela polyrhiza ...
- Michael, Todd P., et al. Show all 103 Authors
- Science 2011 v.332 no.6032 pp. 960-963
- Angiospermae; RNA editing; Selaginella; evolution; ferns and fern allies; genes; nucleotide sequences; small interfering RNA; vascular plants
- ... Vascular plants appeared approximately 410 million years ago, then diverged into several lineages of which only two survive: the euphyllophytes (ferns and seed plants) and the lycophytes. We report here the genome sequence of the lycophyte Selaginella moellendorffii (Selaginella), the first nonseed vascular plant genome reported. By comparing gene content in evolutionarily diverse taxa, we found t ...
- PubMed Central: