Jump to Main Content
- Tseng, Yung-Che, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Frontiers in zoology 2014 v.11 no.1 pp. 55
- H-transporting ATP synthase; Sepiidae; acid-base balance; acidification; adults; ammonium compounds; bicarbonates; blood; carbon dioxide; carbonate dehydratase; energy metabolism; epithelium; excretion; hemocyanin; immunocytochemistry; lifestyle; messenger RNA; seawater; squid; transporters
- ... BACKGROUND: Cephalopods have evolved strong acid–base regulatory abilities to cope with CO₂ induced pH fluctuations in their extracellular compartments to protect gas transport via highly pH sensitive hemocyanins. To date, the mechanistic basis of branchial acid–base regulation in cephalopods is still poorly understood, and associated energetic limitations may represent a critical factor in high p ...
- Tseng, Yun-Hua, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Nutrition 2011 v.27 no.4 pp. 445-450
- Lactobacillus; acetates; blood; cholesterol; defecation; elderly; excretion; feces; low density lipoprotein; low fiber diet; males; microorganisms; nutritional status; people; placebos; propionates
- ... OBJECTIVES: The main purpose of this study was to determine the long-term (8 wk) effects of isomalto-oligosaccharide (IO) supplementation on fecal microflora, bowel function, and biochemical indicators of nutritional status in constipated elderly subjects. We also assessed whether the effect of IO was sustained after its withdrawal. METHODS: Thirteen (five male) constipated subjects (age 82.5 ± 1. ...