Jump to Main Content
- Deamici, Kricelle Mosquera, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.249 pp. 168-174
- Spirulina; biomass; chlorophyll; environmental factors; exposure duration; in vitro culture; magnetic fields; metabolism; microalgae; microbial growth; nitrogen; phosphorus; protein composition; raceways; tanks
- ... This study aimed at evaluating whether a magnetic field (MF) affects the growth of Spirulina sp. when applied to it at different exposure times in indoor and outdoor culture systems. The effects of MF on chlorophyll content, medium consumption and protein profile were also investigated. In raceway tanks, a 25 mT MF was applied for 24 h or for 1 h d−1. MF for 24 h to outdoor assays increased biomas ...
- Deamici, Kricelle Mosquera, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2017 v.33 no.9 pp. 169
- bioactive properties; carbohydrates; chemical elements; exposure duration; magnetic fields; microalgae; microorganisms; photosynthesis; pollution
- ... Static or modulated magnetic fields (MF) may interact with the biological system and affect the metabolism of microorganisms, such as their photosynthetic capacity or synthesis of carbohydrates. Their effects on microorganisms, which can be classified into inhibiting, stimulating and null, may be interpreted as the result of stress that cells undergo, thus, leading to responses through the same me ...