Jump to Main Content
- Mélo, Tomás J. A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- RSC advances 2014 v.4 no.50 pp. 26425-26433
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; extrusion; free radicals; maleic anhydrides; melting; polyethylene; reducing agents; rheometry; tin; torque
- ... In this work, for the first time, redox initiation was employed in the melt free radical grafting of glycidyl methacrylate (GMA) and maleic anhydride (MA) onto polyethylene (PE) by reactive extrusion. Since it is very challenging to obtain high grafting degrees of GMA and MA onto polymer backbones through conventional free radical initiation, especially in the extrusion process, the strategy of us ...
- Mélo, Tomás J. A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of materials science 2008 v.43 no.13 pp. 4443-4449
- acrylic acid; extrusion; impact strength; maleic anhydrides; polyethylene; processing technology; scanning electron microscopy
- ... In this work, the effect of the processing method on the mechanical properties and morphology of compatibilized PA6/LDPE blends was investigated. The blends were prepared by two processing methods: Injection and Extrusion followed by Injection. The compatibilizers used were polyethylene grafted with acrylic acid (PEgAA) and polyethylene grafted with maleic anhydride (PEgMA). The results showed tha ...