Jump to Main Content
- Halima, H.; Neser, F. W. C.; Van Marle-Koster, E.; De Kock, A.
- Tropical animal health and production 2007 v.39 no.3 pp. 189-197
- production technology, etc ; Newcastle disease; cages; chickens; death; education; family planning; farmers; feeds; females; households; men; poultry breeds; poultry production; predation; rearing; surveys; women; Ethiopia; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Surveys using both purposive and random sampling methods was carried out in four zones of north-west Ethiopia to describe the village-based poultry production systems and constraints in order to design future improvement and conservation strategies. The majority of the respondents were female (74.16%). This indicated that most of the time the women, whether in male-headed or female-headed househol ...
- Thanh Thi Pham, Nga; Nong, Duy; Raghavan Sathyan, Archana; Garschagen, Matthias
- Climate risk management 2020 v.28 pp. 100215
- production technology, etc ; climate; farmers; floods; food security; freshwater; health insurance; highlands; households; income; land tenure; landslides; literacy; livelihood; minorities (people); mountains; nationalities and ethnic groups; natural resource management; risk assessment; risk management; social networks; water quality; water resources; Vietnam; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Increased frequency and intensity of flash floods and landslides in the Northern Mountainous Regions of Vietnam represent the most damaging hazards to the production activities and livelihoods of rural households, which are heavily reliant on agriculture. Assessing households’ vulnerability therefore becomes critical and urgent to help policy-makers in Vietnam in facilitating the implementation of ...