Jump to Main Content
- Bopp, Carlos; Engler, Alejandra; Poortvliet, P. Marijn; Jara-Rojas, Roberto
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.244 pp. 320-327
- improved fallow, etc ; annuals; composts; economic incentives; farmers; issues and policy; minimum tillage; models; motivation; risk; soil degradation; stubble; sustainable agriculture; Chile; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... This paper examines the effectiveness of intrinsic and extrinsic motivations on the adoption intensity of sustainable agricultural practices (SAPs) among annual crop farmers in Chile. We use the farmers’ attitude towards SAPs as a proxy of intrinsic motivation, while extrinsic motivation is represented by an economic incentive to promote the use of SAPs. The policy program we studied is administer ...
- Pinto, Lorena Soto; Martínez, Manuel Anzueto; Zurimendi, Pablo Martínez; Jiménez-Ferrer, Guillermo
- Small-scale forestry 2017 v.16 no.1 pp. 103-118
- improved fallow, etc ; Coffea arabica; Hypsipyla grandella; Zea mays; agroforestry; annuals; canopy; corn; farmers; forest inventory; forests; funding; harvesting; households; income; labor; pests; plantations; self-employment; stems; tree and stand measurements; trees; weed control; wood; Mexico; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Increasingly, plantations for food, fiber and wood, are necessary to provide a growing world population. Agroforestry systems become more and more important, however these systems usually develop in marginal conditions, limited land, restricted funding, occasional technical support and above this, there is limited documentation and evaluation of innovated traditional systems in indigenous and smal ...