Jump to Main Content
- Rahaus, Markus; Wolff, Manfred H.
- Journal of veterinary medicine. Series B. 2003 v.50 no.8 pp. 368-371
- Beak and feather disease virus; DNA; beak; birds; feathers; polymerase chain reaction; surveys; Germany
- ... Psittacine beak and feather disease (PBFD) is the most common viral disease of wild and captive psittacine birds. Here, we designed the first survey to investigate the existence of subclinical infections and the distribution of the causative agent named beak and feather disease virus (BFDV) inside the population of captive psittacine birds in Germany. DNA was isolated from feathers of 146 symptom- ...
- González-Hein, Gisela; Gil, Isabel Aguirre; Sanchez, Rodolfo; Huaracan, Bernardo
- Journal of avian medicine and surgery 2019 v.33 no.2 pp. 141-149
- Aves polyomavirus 1; Beak and feather disease virus; beak; bird diseases; birds; feathers; genes; genetic variation; hosts; polymerase chain reaction; Chile
- ... Avian polyomavirus disease and psittacine beak and feather disease (PBFD) are both contagious viral diseases in psittacine birds with similar clinical manifestations and characterized by abnormal feathers. To determine the prevalence of Aves polyomavirus 1 (APyV) and beak and feather disease virus (BFDV) in captive, exotic psittacine birds in Chile, feathers from 250 psittacine birds, representing ...