Jump to Main Content
- Roe, WD; Michael, S; Fyfe, J; Burrows, E; Hunter, SA; Howe, L
- New Zealand veterinary journal 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 46-50
- Phocarctos hookeri, etc ; DNA; asphyxia; body condition; brain; cats; crushing; death; endangered species; females; genotype; immunohistochemistry; lungs; males; meningoencephalitis; molecular biology; morbidity; mortality; muscles; myocarditis; myositis; necropsy; nerve tissue; oocysts; paresis; polymerase chain reaction; spinal cord; toxoplasmosis; New Zealand; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... CASE HISTORY: A 1-year-old female New Zealand sea lion (Phocarctos hookeri) was intermittently observed in the Otago region of New Zealand over an 11-month period, always dragging her hind flippers. In December 2012 the sea lion was found dead, after a period of several days being observed to be harassed by male sea lions. PATHOLOGICAL FINDINGS: At gross postmortem examination the sea lion was in ...
- Riet-Sapriza, Federico G.; Duignan, Pádraig J.; Chilvers, B. Louise; Wilkinson, Ian S.; Lopez-Villalobos, Nicolás; Mackenzie, Duncan D. S.; MacGibbon, Alastair; Costa, Dan P.; Gales, Nick
- Journal of mammalogy 2012 v.93 no.4 pp. 1006-1016
- Phocarctos hookeri, etc ; body condition; breeding; early lactation; energy content; females; fisheries; food availability; islands; lipids; milk; milk fat; milk quality; population dynamics; pups; reproductive success; statistical models; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... In this study 308 milk samples were collected and analyzed from 181 individual female New Zealand sea lions (NZ sea lions; Phocarctos hookeri) breeding on Enderby Island (Auckland Islands). Samples were collected from the 1st part of early lactation (January and February) over a period of 7 years (1997, 1999–2003, and 2005). The effect of year, month, and maternal characteristics (body mass, body ...