Jump to Main Content
- Ren, Da-long, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2018 v.80 pp. 528-533
- Danio rerio; circadian clocks; fish; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; immune response; immune system; interleukin-6; larvae; mitogen-activated protein kinase; models; mutants; mutation; phosphorylation; protein content; shellfish; tail; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... The circadian clock plays a critical role in regulating the immune system. Our previous publication revealed that a mutation in the circadian gene period1b (per1b) in zebrafish significantly decreased proinflammatory gene expression, particularly under constant darkness (DD) conditions; however, the underlying mechanisms remain unclear. In this study, using per1b-null mutant zebrafish and a larval ...
- Ren, Da-long, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2018 v.77 pp. 139-146
- Danio rerio; circadian clocks; circadian rhythm; cytokines; fish; gene expression regulation; genes; image analysis; inflammation; innate immunity; melatonin; models; mutants; mutation; neutrophils; shellfish
- ... The circadian clock has been shown to regulate various immune processes in different animals. Our previous report demonstrated that the innate immune responses in zebrafish show significant rhythmicity that could be regulated by melatonin. Here, we used diurnal zebrafish to determine the role of circadian genes in the inflammatory responses. Our results indicate that circadian genes exhibit rhythm ...