Jump to Main Content
- Margeirsson, Sveinn, et al. Show all 26 Authors
- Fish and fisheries 2018 v.19 no.2 pp. 363-376
- collaborative management; computer simulation; cost effectiveness; ecosystems; fisheries; fishery resources; planning; stakeholders
- ... We present a framework for results‐based management (RBM) of commercial fisheries. The core idea of RBM is to reduce micromanagement by delegating management responsibility to resource users. The RBM framework represents an industrial organization approach to co‐management and comprises three defining processes, conducted by three independent “agents”: (i) an “authority” defines specific and measu ...
- Margeirsson, Sveinn, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2010 v.99 no.2 pp. 151-158
- fish industry; cod (fish); seafoods; filleting; fish fillets; Nematoda; animal parasitic nematodes; Gadus morhua; fisheries; linear models; food pathogens; food contamination; Iceland
- ... The influence of catching and processing factors on fillet yield, gaping and number of nematodes in cod (Gadus morhua) was studied. The study was carried out in co-operation with four Icelandic fishery companies. Data on catch, condition of raw material and processing were linked together by tracing the cod from catch through primary processing. Analysis of these data show that important variables ...