Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Fangju, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.1 pp. 409-420
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus; acetic acid; amino acids; coffee beans; flavor; fructose; glucose; lactic acid; lactic acid bacteria; lactic fermentation; microbial activity; odors; pyrazines; roasting; sucrose
- ... BACKGROUND: Coffee flavor can be significantly influenced by microbial activities in spontaneous fermentation of coffee cherries. The potential of lactic acid bacteria for flavor modulation through controlled fermentation of green coffee beans has not been explored. RESULTS: Fermentation by Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 with and without 1% w/w glucose supplementation led to modification of flavor‐ ...
- Zhao, Fangju, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2017 v.119 no.8
- flavor; free amino acids; gas chromatography; headspace analysis; ionization; odors; palm kernel oil; palm kernels; principal component analysis; proteinases; pyrazines; roasting; seeds; sensory evaluation; solid phase microextraction; spectrometers; sugars; sweets
- ... The aroma of palm kernel oil (PKO) affects its application. Aiming to improve its aroma quality, the effects of protease/peptidase (Flavourzyme) pretreatment on the palm kernels (PK) before kernel roasting were investigated. The results showed that more pyrazines (6.7‐, 10‐, 3.4‐fold) were found in PKO derived from treated PK after light, medium, and dark kernel roasting, respectively, compared to ...