Jump to Main Content
- Kandil, Rima, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of controlled release 2016 v.244 pp. 269-279
- cell lines; dissociation; drugs; encapsulation; endocytosis; flow cytometry; fluorescein; folate receptors; folic acid; gene expression; hydrodynamics; hydrogels; ligands; macrophages; mice; micelles; plasmids; polymers; rheumatoid arthritis; therapeutics; transfection; zeta potential
- ... New folic acid (FA) coupled three layered micelles (3LM) were designed to encapsulate DNA, and their application as delivery system that specifically targets activated macrophages was investigated for new treatment options in rheumatoid arthritis (RA). FA coupled poly(l-lactide)-b-poly(ethylene glycol) (FA-PEG-PLLA) was synthesized via the NHS-ester activated/amine coupling method. Fluorescein lab ...
- Kandil, Rima, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of controlled release 2018 v.276 pp. 50-58
- cations; composite polymers; cultured cells; flow cytometry; gene silencing; lungs; melittin; messenger RNA; mice; microscopy; plasmids; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; small interfering RNA; transfection
- ... The block copolymer VIPER (virus-inspired polymer for endosomal release) has been reported to be a promising novel delivery system of DNA plasmids both in vitro and in vivo. VIPER is comprised of a polycation segment for condensation of nucleic acids as well as a pH-sensitive segment that exposes the membrane lytic peptide melittin in acidic environments to facilitate endosomal escape. The objecti ...
- PubMed Central: