Jump to Main Content
- Li, Mingxiao, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.20 pp. 20628-20636
- ammonia; biofilters; biofiltration; composting; factor analysis; fluorescence; gases; hydrogen sulfide; nitrates; nitrites; organic matter; pollutants; spectroscopy; sulfates
- ... Biofiltration of NH₃ and H₂S with different packing media, biodehydration stage compost (BSC), and curing stage compost (CSC) was studied. Meanwhile, fluorescence excitation–emission matrix (EEM) spectroscopy was used to characterize the conversion mechanisms of organic matter during these biofiltration processes. Both biofilters were effective for the simultaneous removal of NH₃ and H₂S when inle ...
- Li, Mingxiao, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Chemosphere 2011 v.82 no.4 pp. 541-548
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; MSW composts; alcohols; composting; emissions; fluorescence; humification; molecular weight; municipal solid waste; organic matter; polysaccharides; wavelengths
- ... This paper aims to characterize the evolution of water extractable organic matter (WEOM) during the composting of municipal solid waste (MSW), and investigate the correlation between maturity and WEOM characteristics. WEOM was extracted at different stages of MSW composting (0, 7, 14, 21, and 51d) and characterized by FTIR, UV–Vis, and fluorescence spectroscopy. The results obtained show that the ...