Jump to Main Content
- Li, Mingxiao, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.20 pp. 20628-20636
- ammonia; biofilters; biofiltration; composting; factor analysis; fluorescence; gases; hydrogen sulfide; nitrates; nitrites; organic matter; pollutants; spectroscopy; sulfates
- ... Biofiltration of NH₃ and H₂S with different packing media, biodehydration stage compost (BSC), and curing stage compost (CSC) was studied. Meanwhile, fluorescence excitation–emission matrix (EEM) spectroscopy was used to characterize the conversion mechanisms of organic matter during these biofiltration processes. Both biofilters were effective for the simultaneous removal of NH₃ and H₂S when inle ...
- Li, Mingxiao, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2012 v.123 pp. 439-444
- cattle manure; chemical oxygen demand; digestion; ducks; fluorescence; nitrogen; nitrogen content; organic matter; spectroscopy
- ... In this study, the removal of volatile solids (VSs) and soluble chemical oxygen demand (SCOD) by co-digesting cattle dung (CD) and duck manure (DM) was determined and compared with the reduction achieved with CD or DM digestion alone. Moreover, fluorescence excitation–emission matrix spectroscopy was utilised to characterise the conversion mechanisms of organic nitrogen. It was found that the co-d ...