Jump to Main Content
- Filella, I., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2014 v.103 pp. 3-11
- carbon; chlorophyll; fluorescence; monitoring; photosynthesis; primary productivity; reflectance; remote sensing; satellites; vegetation types
- ... Recent advances in remote-sensing techniques for light use efficiency (LUE) are providing new possibilities for monitoring carbon uptake by terrestrial vegetation (gross primary production, GPP), in particular for Mediterranean vegetation types. This article reviews the state of the art of two of the most promising approaches for remotely estimating LUE: the use of the photochemical reflectance in ...
- Filella, I., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 1998 v.49 no.319 pp. 229-238
- Phillyrea latifolia; Quercus ilex; spring; summer; seasonal variation; leaves; gas exchange; Mediterranean climate; chlorophyll; fluorescence; water stress; photosynthesis; stomatal conductance; water use efficiency; reflectance; xanthophylls; solar radiation; rain; diurnal variation; air temperature; electron transfer; Spain
- ... Summer-induced changes in gas exchange, fluorescence and reflectance were measured on leaves of two co-occurring Mediterranean small trees, Quercus ilex and Phillyrea latifolia, in May, June and July 1996 in Central Catalonia (NE Spain). The humid 1996 summer only produced mild water stress conditions. However, photosynthesis (A) and stomatal conductance (g(s)) decreased in June and July in both s ...