Jump to Main Content
- Netto, Flavia M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2016 v.58 pp. 1-10
- biopolymers; drainage; egg albumen; electrostatic interactions; foaming; foaming capacity; foams; hydrocolloids; loss modulus; pH; pectins; storage modulus; sugar content; sugars; whipping
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of electrostatic interaction between egg white protein (EW) and pectin in a high sugar content system (80 wt% total solid) on the foaming properties (density, overrun and stability) and foam rheological properties. A central composite rotatable design was carried out to study the effects of biopolymer concentration (1.40–5.60%, w/w) and EW:pectin ra ...
- Netto, Flavia M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2014 v.103 pp. 55-61
- biopolymers; bubbles; drainage; egg albumen; electrostatic interactions; foaming properties; foams; pH; pectins; permeability; temperature; viscoelasticity; viscosity
- ... This study aimed at evaluating the effect of three independent variables: biopolymer concentration (egg white proteins and pectin) (2.0–4.0%, w/w); protein:pectin ratio (15:1–55:1); and temperature (70–80°C), at pH 3.0, using a central composite design on the foaming properties (overrun, drainage and bubble growth rate). Foams produced with protein:pectin ratio 15:1 showed the lowest bubble growth ...