Jump to Main Content
- Appleton, K. M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Nutrition bulletin 2019 v.44 no.2 pp. 138-144
- cafeterias; energy content; field experimentation; food choices; foods; ingredients; models; nutrient content; nutrient requirements; nutrition labeling; questionnaires; saturated fats; Denmark; France; Greece; United Kingdom
- ... Compared to meals prepared at home, meals eaten out of home tend to contain more energy, total fat and saturated fat and it is here where consumers can have very little knowledge of the nutrient profile of the dish they are eating. The aim of the European Union‐funded FoodSMART project (www.foodsmartproject.net) was to develop an innovative technical menu solution ‘app’ that enables informed consu ...
- Appleton, K M, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2018 v.107 no.3 pp. 405-419
- beverages; children; cohort studies; diet; dietary exposure; experimental design; food choices; humans; public health; sugars; sweetness; systematic review
- ... There are consistent, evidence-based global public health recommendations to reduce intakes of free sugars. However, the corresponding evidence for recommending reduced exposure to sweetness is less clear. Our aim was to identify and review the published evidence investigating the impact of dietary exposure to sweet-tasting foods or beverages on the subsequent generalized acceptance, preference, o ...