Jump to Main Content
- Mirzabaev, Alisher, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Current opinion in environmental sustainability 2015 v.15 pp. 9-19
- arid lands; biodiversity; climate change; ecosystem services; ecosystems; energy; food security; issues and policy; land degradation; land economics; livelihood; people; social environment; social impact; soil degradation; sustainable land management
- ... Degradation of soil and land resources is a critical global problem. It is widespread not only in drylands and cropped areas, but in most agro-ecologies and biomes around the world. Unless addressed, it may undermine global food security and negatively affect the livelihoods of billions of people, especially of the poor. Addressing land degradation requires public, community and private actions in ...
- Mirzabaev, Alisher, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Resources 2017 v.6 no.3
- case studies; developing countries; energy; food security; income; poverty; rural population; sustainable development; women; Asia; South America; Sub-Saharan Africa
- ... Access to reliable and affordable energy is vital for sustainable development. In the off-grid areas of developing countries, decentralized energy solutions have received increasing attention due to their contributions to reducing poverty. However, most of the rural population in many developing countries still has little or no access to modern energy technologies. This paper assesses the factors ...