Jump to Main Content
- Yu, Q.B.; Yang, D.Q.; Zhang, S.Y.; Beaulieu, J.; Duchesne, I.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2003 v.33 no.11 pp. 2177-2183
- Picea abies; forest trees; wood density; tree growth; genetic variation; heartwood; decay resistance; decay fungi; Gloeophyllum trabeum; Coriolus versicolor; Fomitopsis pinicola; heritability; phenotypic correlation; genetic correlation
- ... This study investigated the genetic variation of white spruce (Picea glauca (Moench) Voss) in decay resistance and its correlation with wood density and growth. Three fungi were examined, a brown-rot fungus (Gloeophyllum trabeum), a white-rot fungus (Trametes versicolor), and a standing-tree-decay fungus (Fomitopsis pinicola). The decay resistance was inversely related to the growth rate of the fu ...
- Karlsson, B.; Swedjemark, G.
- Scandinavian journal of forest research 2006 v.21 no.2 pp. 108-114
- genetic variation; decay resistance; forest trees; Picea abies; growth traits; decayed wood; decay fungi; root rot; wood quality; clones; heritability; economic analysis; timber production; forest yields; forest economics; sampling; statistical analysis; Sweden