Jump to Main Content
- Karlsson, B.; Swedjemark, G.
- Scandinavian journal of forest research 2006 v.21 no.2 pp. 108-114
- genetic variation; decay resistance; forest trees; Picea abies; growth traits; decayed wood; decay fungi; root rot; wood quality; clones; heritability; economic analysis; timber production; forest yields; forest economics; sampling; statistical analysis; Sweden
- Ranius, T.; Jonsson, B.G.; Kruys, N.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2004 v.34 no.5 pp. 1025-1034
- simulation models; forest trees; old-growth forests; quantitative analysis; equations; stochastic processes; decayed wood; Picea abies; forest management; biodegradation; coarse woody debris; computer software; tree mortality; Sweden; Finland
- ... If equilibrium is assumed in unmanaged forests, the volume of coarse woody debris (CWD), V(CWD), may be calculated from (i) the volume of living trees, V(living), (ii) average volume of a dead stem in relation to when it was alive, k, (iii) tree mortality rate, m, and (iv) residence time of CWD, t, by the equation V(CWD) = V(living)kmt. We parameterized this equation with data from Norway spruce ( ...