Jump to Main Content
- Silvestro, Daniele, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2018 v.45 no.6 pp. 1223-1230
- Bayesian theory; DNA; biogeography; ecology; fossils; models; space and time
- ... Linking pattern to process across spatial and temporal scales has been a key goal of the field of biogeography. In January 2017, the 8th biennial conference of the International Biogeography Society sponsored a symposium on Building up biogeography—process to pattern that aimed to review progress towards this goal. Here we present a summary of the symposium, in which we identified promising areas ...
- Silvestro, Daniele, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2018 v.496 pp. 166-174
- carnivores; extinction; fossils; mandible (bone); phenotype; physical properties; space and time; trees
- ... Saber-toothed cats were armed with formidable weapons. They evolved a number of highly derived morphological features, most notably a pair of extremely long upper canines, which makes them unique within the felid family. Although the sabertooth character evolved several times among carnivorous mammals, sabertooth clades mostly had disjunctive occurrences both in space and time, and no sabertooth i ...