Jump to Main Content
- Perdomo, Virginia Gabriela, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- The Journal of nutritional biochemistry 2019 v.68 pp. 7-15
- ABC transporters; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; drinking water; fructose; geraniol; glutathione; hyperinsulinemia; hyperlipidemia; inflammation; insulin resistance; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; intestines; lipid peroxidation; messenger RNA; metabolic syndrome; oxidative stress; rats; superoxide dismutase; therapeutics; xenobiotics
- ... Intestinal multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 is an ABC transporter that limits the absorption of xenobiotics ingested orally, thus acting as essential component of the intestinal biochemical barrier. Metabolic Syndrome (MetS) is a pathological condition characterized by dyslipidemia, hyperinsulinemia, insulin resistance, chronic inflammation, and oxidative stress (OS). In a previous study ...
- Perdomo, Virginia Gabriela, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- The Journal of nutritional biochemistry 2017 v.40 pp. 178-186
- antioxidant activity; confocal microscopy; cytokines; diet; drinking water; excretion; fructose; glutathione transferase; intestinal absorption; jejunum; lipid peroxidation; messenger RNA; metabolic syndrome; models; oxidative stress; proteins; rats; superoxide dismutase; transcription (genetics)
- ... Expression and activity of jejunal multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (Mrp2) and glutathione-S-transferase (GST) were examined in fructose fed Wistar rats, an experimental model of metabolic syndrome. Animals were fed on (a) control diet or (b) control diet plus 10% w/vol fructose in the drinking water. Mrp2 and the α class of GST proteins as well as their corresponding mRNAs were decreased ...