Jump to Main Content
- Boini, Alexandra, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2019 v.221 pp. 120-130
- Prunus persica; container-grown plants; fruit crops; fruit yield; fruiting; irrigation management; leaves; mineral fertilizers; nectarines; nutritional status; photosynthesis; tap water; tree physiology; trees; vegetative growth; wastewater; wastewater irrigation; water potential; water shortages; water stress
- ... Irrigation with secondary treated wastewater (STW) as a support to traditional irrigation management is becoming a necessary alternative to addressing issues of water shortage and fertilizer saving. The application of STW on young potted plants of Prunus persica (L.); cv: Big Top, grafted on GF 677, was studied outdoors on two consecutive seasons, during which three different irrigation treatments ...
- Boini, Alexandra, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2019 v.237 pp. 43-50
- Prunus avium; canopy; carbohydrates; cherries; dwarfing; fruit crops; fruit quality; fruiting; grafting (plants); leaves; orchards; phloem; photosynthesis; physiological response; rootstocks; shoots; stomatal conductance; total soluble solids; trees; vigor; water potential; water use efficiency; xylem
- ... Rootstock vigor is well known to affect yield and productive performance in many fruit crops and the dwarfing trait is often the preferred choice for modern orchard systems thanks to its improved productivity and reduced canopy volume. This work investigates the different physiological responses induced by rootstock vigor on cherry, by comparing shoot and fruit growth, water relations, leaf gas ex ...