Jump to Main Content
- Lin, Wei-Yong, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2018 v.243 pp. 1558-1567
- Drosophila melanogaster; antifertility effect; copulation; courtship; electrophysiology; electroretinography; fruit flies; gene expression; longevity; neurons; neurotoxicity; photoreceptors; phthalates; plasticizers; synapse; vision
- ... Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) is the most common plasticizer. Previous studies have shown DEHP treatment accelerates neurological degeneration, suggesting that DEHP may impact retinal sensitivity to light, neurotransmission, and copulation behaviors. Although its neurotoxicity and antifertility properties have been studied, whether DEHP exposure disrupts vision and how DEHP influences neuromu ...
- Lin, Wei-Yong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.221 pp. 493-499
- Drosophila melanogaster; endocrine system; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; exposure duration; fruit flies; obesity; phthalates; plasticizers; progeny
- ... Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) is the most typical plasticizer and an environmental endocrine disruptor (EDC). DEHP is known to influence offspring fertility, growth, and obesity. However, the role of the DEHP as a transgenerational obesogen is still controversial. In this study, we used fruit flies (Drosophila melanogaster) to investigate where the exposure period, doses, and exposed parental ...