Jump to Main Content
- Barreras, Félix, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Applied energy 2019 v.250 pp. 1176-1189
- durability; fuel cells; fuels; gases; oxidants; temperature
- ... Fuel and oxidant starvation are amongst the most critical phenomena affecting fuel cell durability. Reactant starvation during proton exchange membrane fuel cell operation can cause serious irreversible damages. In the present research, the effect of a selective induced starvation of reactant gases on the performance and degradation of a high-temperature PEM fuel cell is studied. A specifically de ...
- Barreras, Félix, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Renewable energy 2018 v.122 pp. 251-263
- batteries; carbon dioxide; economic feasibility; electricity; electricity generation; fuel cells; hydrogen; irrigation systems; solar energy; vehicles (equipment); vineyards; wastewater treatment; wines
- ... In the present research, the energy demanded by the wastewater treatment plant of a winery and the pumping station of the irrigation system of a vineyard is supplied by a stand-alone renewable energy system formed by three photovoltaic arrays connected to a microgrid. A relatively small battery maintains the stability and quality of the energy supply acting as a short-term energy storage. Hydrogen ...