Jump to Main Content
- Lin, Jiefeng, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2013 v.128 pp. 495-504
- biodiesel; biomass; cooking fats and oils; corn stover; electric power; electricity; energy; environmental impact; ethanol; feedstocks; fuel cells; greenhouse gas emissions; hydrogen; life cycle assessment; municipal solid waste; natural gas; oxides; trucks; New York
- ... A methodology that integrates life cycle assessment (LCA) with thermodynamic analysis is developed and applied to evaluate the environmental impacts of producing biofuels from waste biomass, including biodiesel from waste cooking oil, ethanol from corn stover, and compressed natural gas from municipal solid wastes. Solid oxide fuel cell-based auxiliary power units using bio-fuel as the hydrogen pr ...
- Lin, Jiefeng, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied energy 2014 v.130 pp. 94-102
- air; air flow; anodes; carbon; carbon dioxide; catalysts; cost effectiveness; fuel cells; fuels; recycling; steam; synthesis gas; temperature; thermodynamic models
- ... Diesel auto-thermal reformation (ATR) with solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) stack anode off-gas recycle (AOGR) has a reliable steam recycling supply to the reformer and improves overall system efficiency. For the lab-scale experiments, it is crucial to develop a cost-effective technique to simulate the AOGR effects on hydrocarbon catalytic reformation due to safety and cost considerations of providing ...
- Lin, Jiefeng, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy & Fuels 2013 v.27 no.8 pp. 4371-4385
- air; biodiesel; carbon; ceramics; ethanol; ethylene; fuel cells; rhodium; steam; synthesis gas; temperature; thermodynamics
- ... The autothermal reforming (ATR) performance of diesel, biodiesel, diesel blended with 25% biodiesel, and diesel blended with both 25% biodiesel and 10% ethanol was investigated under different operating environments in a single-tube reformer with rhodium/zirconia wash-coated ceramic monoliths. A customized nozzle integrated with a microsize porous device was designed to finely atomize the input he ...