Jump to Main Content
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Diversity & distributions 2019 v.25 no.3 pp. 430-441
- Coleoptera; Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; dead wood; forest reserves; forest stands; fungal communities; fungi; insect communities; landscapes; old-growth forests; species diversity; temperate forests; Germany
- ... AIM: European temperate forests have lost dead wood and the associated biodiversity owing to intensive management over centuries. Nowadays, some of these forests are being restored by enrichment with dead wood, but mostly only at stand scales. Here, we investigated effects of a seminal dead‐wood enrichment strategy on saproxylic organisms at the landscape scale. LOCATION: Temperate European beech ...
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biological conservation 2018 v.228 pp. 70-78
- Coleoptera; Heteroptera; biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; birds; conservation areas; dead wood; forest reserves; forests; fungi; plants (botany); wood
- ... Integrative management strategies that simultaneously aim for wood production and biodiversity conservation are considered crucial to protect biodiversity of forest species outside protected areas. In this study, we evaluated whether deadwood enrichment as an integrative strategy at a scale of 17,000 ha resulted in enhanced biodiversity of saproxylic and non-saproxylic taxa eight years after the i ...