Jump to Main Content
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Diversity & distributions 2019 v.25 no.3 pp. 430-441
- Coleoptera; Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; dead wood; forest reserves; forest stands; fungal communities; fungi; insect communities; landscapes; old-growth forests; species diversity; temperate forests; Germany
- ... AIM: European temperate forests have lost dead wood and the associated biodiversity owing to intensive management over centuries. Nowadays, some of these forests are being restored by enrichment with dead wood, but mostly only at stand scales. Here, we investigated effects of a seminal dead‐wood enrichment strategy on saproxylic organisms at the landscape scale. LOCATION: Temperate European beech ...
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.377 pp. 161-169
- death; community structure; Fagus; Carpinus; dead wood; Acer; coniferous forests; fungal communities; forest stands; trees; species diversity; timber production; Gymnospermae; Populus; conifers; fungi
- ... Commercial forestry increasingly aims at both optimizing timber production and maintaining species diversity. To maintain the diversity of the species-rich group of wood-inhabiting fungi, effective forest conservation concepts that include the enrichment of dead wood in commercial forests are required. However, which type of dead wood should be enriched in which type of forest stand (coniferous or ...