Jump to Main Content
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Thejournal of eukaryotic microbiology 2019 v.66 no.6 pp. 892-898
- centrioles; eukaryotic cells; fungi; genes; monophyly; parasites; ribosomal RNA; sporangia; ultrastructure; zoospores
- ... Fungi encompass, in addition to classically well‐studied lineages, an ever‐expanding diversity of poorly known lineages that include, among others, zoosporic chytrid‐like parasites. According to recent phylogenetic analysis based on 18S + 28S rRNA concatenated genes two unusual chytrid‐like fungi Amoeboradix gromovi and Sanchytrium tribonematis form a monophyletic group, the family Sanchytriaceae, ...
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Protist 2018 v.169 no.1 pp. 122-140
- Monoblepharidomycetes; Tribonema; algae; developmental stages; eukaryotic cells; fungi; genes; parasites; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; sporangia; transmission electron microscopy; zoospores
- ... Fungi encompass, in addition to classically well-studied lineages, an ever-expanding diversity of poorly known lineages including zoosporic chytrid-like parasites. Here, we formally describe Amoeboradix gromovi gen. et sp. nov. comprising a set of closely related strains of chytrid-like parasites of the yellow-green alga Tribonema gayanum unusually endowed with amoeboid zoospores. Morphological an ...
- PubMed Central:
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental microbiology reports 2017 v.9 no.2 pp. 113-119
- animals; biotopes; databases; eukaryotic cells; euryhaline species; freshwater; freshwater ecosystems; fungi; genes; phylogeny; protists; ribosomal RNA; salinity
- ... Apusomonads are a mysterious group of heterotrophic gliding biflagellates branching deeply in the eukaryotic tree of life as sister group to opisthokonts (including animals, fungi, and a variety of unicellular protists). Despite their evolutionary interest, their diversity and ecology remain largely unknown, with very few described species and environmental sequences in databases. Most environment ...
- PubMed Central: