Jump to Main Content
- Gessner, Mark O, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- FEMS microbiology ecology 2018 v.94 no.10
- biodegradation; ecosystems; environmental impact; extracellular enzymes; forest soils; fungal biomass; fungal communities; fungi; lignin; models; nitrogen; nutrients; phosphorus; plant litter; reproduction; saprophytes; species diversity; spores; stoichiometry; streams
- ... The enrichment of ecosystems by nutrients such as nitrogen (N) and phosphorus (P) has important ecological consequences. These include effects on plant litter decomposition in forest soils and forested headwater streams, where fungi play a pivotal role. However, our understanding of nutrient relationships on fungal communities associated with decomposing litter remains surprisingly incomplete. We ...
- Gessner, Mark O., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Fungal ecology 2013 v.6 no.5 pp. 439-448
- Hyphomycetes; bags; biogeography; body size; ecosystems; fungal communities; fungi; invertebrates; latitude; leaves; plant litter; species diversity; streams; surveys; tropics
- ... Information about the global distribution of aquatic hyphomycetes is scarce, despite the primary importance of these fungi in stream ecosystem functioning. In particular, the relationship between their diversity and latitude remains unclear, due to a lack of coordinated surveys across broad latitudinal ranges. This study is a first report on latitudinal patterns of aquatic hyphomycete diversity as ...