Jump to Main Content
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Thejournal of eukaryotic microbiology 2019 v.66 no.6 pp. 892-898
- centrioles; eukaryotic cells; fungi; genes; monophyly; parasites; ribosomal RNA; sporangia; ultrastructure; zoospores
- ... Fungi encompass, in addition to classically well‐studied lineages, an ever‐expanding diversity of poorly known lineages that include, among others, zoosporic chytrid‐like parasites. According to recent phylogenetic analysis based on 18S + 28S rRNA concatenated genes two unusual chytrid‐like fungi Amoeboradix gromovi and Sanchytrium tribonematis form a monophyletic group, the family Sanchytriaceae, ...
- Moreira, David, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental microbiology 2007 v.9 no.2 pp. 546-554
- Ciliophora; Dinophyceae; carbonates; cities; ecosystems; food webs; fungi; nucleotide sequences; parasites; ribosomal DNA; surveys
- ... Lost City is a unique off-axis hydrothermal vent field characterized by highly alkaline and relatively low-temperature fluids that harbours huge carbonate chimneys. We have carried out a molecular survey based on 18S rDNA sequences of the eukaryotic communities associated with fluid-seawater interfaces and with carbonates from venting areas and the chimney wall. Our study reveals a variety of line ...