Jump to Main Content
- Takemori, Nobuaki, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2017 v.89 no.16 pp. 8244-8250
- biologists; crosslinking; gels; mass spectrometry; molecular weight; polyacrylamide; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; proteins
- ... Biologists’ preeminent toolbox for separating, analyzing, and visualizing proteins is SDS-PAGE, yet recovering the proteins embedded in these polyacrylamide media as intact species is a long-standing challenge for mass spectrometry. In conventional workflows, protein mixtures from crude biological samples are electrophoretically separated at high-resolution within N,N′-methylene-bis-acrylamide cro ...
- PubMed Central:
- Takemori, Nobuaki, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of Chromatography B 2014 v.967 pp. 36-40
- ambient temperature; chromatography; gels; ionization; mass spectrometry; peptides; phosphine; polyacrylamide; proteomics
- ... Enzymatic protein digestion in polyacrylamide gel has been used for sample pretreatment in mass spectrometry-based proteomics due to its effectiveness in removing contaminants that interfere with sample ionization. However, the difficulty of recovering the digested peptides from the solid gel matrix has been a drawback of this method. Here we have developed a novel in-gel digestion method to enhan ...