Jump to Main Content
- Roelofs, W.L., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Insect biochemistry and molecular biology 2004 v.34 no.12 pp. 1315
- Spodoptera littoralis; stearoyl-CoA desaturase; complementary DNA; nucleotide sequences; amino acid sequences; sequence homology; phylogeny; fat body; pheromone glands; gene expression; sex pheromones; biosynthesis
- ... Desaturation of fatty acids is a key reaction in the biosynthesis of moth sex pheromones. The main component of Spodoptera littoralis sex pheromone blend is produced by the action of delta11 and delta9 desaturases. In this article, we report on the cloning of four desaturase-like genes in this species: one from the fat body (Sls-FL1) and three (Sls-FL2, Sls-FL3 and Sls-FL4) from the pheromone glan ...
- Roelofs, W.L., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1998 v.95 no.26 pp. 15287-15292
- genetic transformation; gene transfer; messenger RNA; animal glands; Trichoplusia ni; complementary DNA; open reading frames; enzyme activity; unsaturated fatty acids; mutation; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; amino acid sequences; gene expression; genetic complementation; hydrophobicity; molecular weight; stearoyl-CoA desaturase
- ... Desaturation of coenenzyme-A esters of saturated fatty acids is a common feature of sex pheromone biosynthetic pathways in the Lepidoptera. The enzymes that catalyze this step share several biochemical properties with the ubiquitous acyl-Co delta 9-desaturases of animals and fungi, suggesting a common ancestral origin. Unlike metabolic acyl-CoA delta 9-desaturases, pheromone desaturases have evolv ...
- PubMed Central: