Jump to Main Content
- Diaz-San Segundo, Fayna, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- FEMS immunology and medical microbiology 2008 v.53 no.1 pp. 8
- foot-and-mouth disease; immune response; gene expression regulation; transcription (genetics); apoptosis; dendritic cells; antigen presentation; major histocompatibility complex; Foot-and-mouth disease virus; viral proteins; proteinases
- ... Foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) causes an economically devastating disease of cloven-hoofed animals. In this review, we discuss the mechanisms FMDV has evolved to counteract the host innate and adaptive immune responses and the role of viral proteins in this process. The viral leader proteinase, Lpro, limits the host innate response by inhibiting the induction of interferon beta (IFNβ) mRNA an ...
- Díaz-San Segundo, Fayna, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Virology 2011 v.413 no.2 pp. 283
- immune response; interferons; gene expression regulation; antiviral properties; Foot-and-mouth disease virus; foot-and-mouth disease; cattle diseases; host-pathogen relationships
- ... Foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) is one of the most serious threats to the livestock industry. Despite the availability of a vaccine, recent outbreaks in disease-free countries have demonstrated that development of novel FMD control strategies is imperative. Here we report the identification and characterization of bovine (bo) interferon lambda 3 (IFN-λ3), a member of the type III IFN family. Expressi ...