Jump to Main Content
- Coelho, Nelson C., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Molecular ecology 2015 v.24 no.19 pp. 4866-4885
- Macrocystis pyrifera; absorption; biogeography; environmental factors; gene flow; genetic techniques and protocols; genetic variation; habitats; islands; macroalgae; Alaska; California; Canada; Mexico; Pacific Ocean
- ... At small spatial and temporal scales, genetic differentiation is largely controlled by constraints on gene flow, while genetic diversity across a species' distribution is shaped on longer temporal and spatial scales. We assess the hypothesis that oceanographic transport and other seascape features explain different scales of genetic structure of giant kelp, Macrocystis pyrifera. We followed a hier ...
- Coelho, Nelson C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Ecology 2010 v.91 no.1 pp. 49-56
- Macrocystis pyrifera; alleles; coasts; gene flow; genetic distance; genetic markers; genetic variation; geographic information systems; habitats; landscapes; loci; macroalgae; models; population size; regression analysis; spore dispersal
- ... Isolation by distance (IBD) models are widely used to predict levels of genetic connectivity as a function of Euclidean distance, and although recent studies have used GIS‐landscape ecological approaches to improve the predictability of spatial genetic structure, few if any have addressed the effect of habitat continuity on gene flow. Landscape effects on genetic connectivity are even less underst ...