Jump to Main Content
- Maliepaard, Chris, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Planta 2008 v.228 no.2 pp. 255-272
- Brassica napus; apical meristems; embryogenesis; enzymes; gene expression; genes; glutathione; metabolism; microarray technology; proteins; transcription (genetics)
- ... Applications of buthionine sulfoximine (BSO), an inhibitor of GSH (reduced glutathione), which switches the cellular glutathione pool towards the oxidized form GSSG, positively influences embryo quality by improving the structure of the shoot apical meristem and promoting embryo maturation, both of which improve the post-embryonic performance of the embryos. To investigate the mechanisms underlyin ...
- Maliepaard, Chris, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Plant physiology 2007 v.144 no.1 pp. 155-172
- Brassica napus; amino acid sequences; cell division; cell structures; complementary DNA; early development; embryo (plant); embryo culture; embryogenesis; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic markers; in vitro studies; protein synthesis; proteins; proteome; rapeseed; transcriptome; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis
- ... Microspore-derived embryo (MDE) cultures are used as a model system to study plant cell totipotency and as an in vitro system to study embryo development. We characterized and compared the transcriptome and proteome of rapeseed (Brassica napus) MDEs from the few-celled stage to the globular/heart stage using two MDE culture systems: conventional cultures in which MDEs initially develop as unorgani ...
- PubMed Central:
- Maliepaard, Chris, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Plant molecular biology 2008 v.68 no.3 pp. 225-237
- Arabidopsis; Brassica napus; actin; biosynthesis; callus formation; cell growth; cell proliferation; cell walls; genes; microarray technology; microfilaments; phenotype; protein metabolism; seedlings; somatic embryogenesis; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Ectopic expression of the Brassica napus BABY BOOM (BBM) AP2/ERF transcription factor is sufficient to induce spontaneous cell proliferation leading primarily to somatic embryogenesis, but also to organogenesis and callus formation. We used DNA microarray analysis in combination with a post-translationally regulated BBM:GR protein and cycloheximide to identify target genes that are directly activa ...