Jump to Main Content
- Xue, Liang, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Food microbiology 2020 v.91 pp. 103531
- Staphylococcus aureus; ampicillin; antibiotic resistance; biofilm; cities; coagulase positive staphylococci; enterotoxins; foods; genes; human health; kanamycin; monitoring; multilocus sequence typing; new species; pathogens; phenotype; polymerase chain reaction; tetracycline; virulence; China
- ... Staphylococcus argenteus is a novel species of coagulase-positive staphylococci which was separated from Staphylococcus aureus in 2014. It can threaten human health like S. aureus but can not identify with conventional biochemical or other phenotypic testing. From 2011 to 2016, 1581 S. aureus strains were isolated from 4300 samples from retail foods covering most provincial capitals in China. Acco ...
- Xue, Liang, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2019 v.304 pp. 119-126
- antibiotic resistance; chloramphenicol; clindamycin; enterotoxins; foods; genes; kanamycin; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; mortality; multilocus sequence typing; multiple drug resistance; penicillins; phenotype; streptomycin; telithromycin; tetracycline; China
- ... Staphylococcus aureus encodes numerous toxins that are known or strongly suspected to cause specific diseases or symptoms. Panton-Valentine leukocidin (PVL) is one of these important toxins that is associated with high mortality rates. In our previous study, 1581 S. aureus strains were isolated from 4300 samples of retail foods obtained from most of the provincial capitals in China from 2011 to 20 ...