Jump to Main Content
- Alvarez‐Martinez, Cristina Elisa, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental microbiology 2018 v.20 no.4 pp. 1562-1575
- Dictyostelium discoideum; Xanthomonas citri; bacteria; crops; genes; mutagenesis; physiology; plasmids; predation; sigma factors; soil; threonine; type VI secretion system
- ... Plant‐associated bacteria of the genus Xanthomonas cause disease in a wide range of economically important crops. However, their ability to persist in the environment is still poorly understood. Predation by amoebas represents a major selective pressure to bacterial populations in the environment. In this study, we show that the X. citri type 6 secretion system (T6SS) promotes resistance to predat ...
- Alvarez-Martinez, Cristina, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of bacteriology 2012 v.194 no.15 pp. 4041-4051
- Enterococcus faecalis; adenosine triphosphate; adenosinetriphosphatase; binding sites; genes; hydrolysis; models; mutants; mutation; nucleoside-triphosphate phosphatase; plasmids; proteins; secretion
- ... The Enterococcus faecalis prg and pcf genes of plasmid pCF10 encode a type IV secretion system (T4SS) required for conjugative transfer. PrgJ is a member of the VirB4 family of ATPases that are universally associated with T4SSs. Here, we report that purified PrgJ dimers displayed ATP binding and hydrolysis activities. A PrgJ nucleoside triphosphate (NTP) binding site mutation (K471E) slightly dimi ...
- PubMed Central: