Jump to Main Content
- Maliepaard, Chris, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2016 v.39 no.9 pp. 1895-1908
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Solanum tuberosum; biomarkers; diploidy; drought; drought tolerance; gene regulatory networks; genes; genetic techniques and protocols; leucine zipper; loci; phenotype; plant growth substances; potatoes; quantitative trait loci; transcription (genetics); transcriptomics; water stress
- ... In plants, tolerance to drought stress is a result of numerous minor effect loci in which transcriptional regulation contributes significantly to the observed phenotypes. Under severe drought conditions, a major expression quantitative trait loci hotspot was identified on chromosome five in potato. A putative Nuclear factor y subunit C4 was identified as key candidate in the regulatory cascade in ...
- Maliepaard, Chris, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Analytica chimica acta 2011 v.705 no.1-2 pp. 56-63
- biosynthesis; carotenoids; color; data collection; diploidy; discoloration; gene expression; genes; metabolites; metabolomics; plant breeding; potatoes; proteomics; transcriptomics; tubers
- ... In the post-genomic era, high-throughput technologies have led to data collection in fields like transcriptomics, metabolomics and proteomics and, as a result, large amounts of data have become available. However, the integration of these ∼omics data sets in relation to phenotypic traits is still problematic in order to advance crop breeding. We have obtained population-wide gene expression and me ...
- Maliepaard, Chris, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Molecular plant-microbe interactions 2009 v.22 no.12 pp. 1535-1545
- Solanum tuberosum; potatoes; Phytophthora infestans; fungal diseases of plants; virulence; mutants; strains; disease resistance; genetic resistance; genes; introgression; genetic variation; fungal proteins; cell death; Nicotiana benthamiana; amino acid sequences; microbial genetics
- ... A strategy to control the devastating late blight disease is providing potato cultivars with genes that are effective in resistance to a broad spectrum of Phytophthora infestans isolates. Thus far, most late blight resistance (R) genes that were introgressed in potato were quickly defeated. In contrast, the Rpi-blb1 gene originating from Solanum bulbocastanum has performed as an exclusive broad-sp ...