Jump to Main Content
- Kato, Hiroshi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2019 v.39 no.3 pp. 36
- DNA; Oryza sativa; abscission; crops; cultivars; gamma radiation; genes; genomics; harvesting; irradiation; loci; microRNA; mutants; parents; pedicel; plant breeding; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; rice; seed shattering; seeds; sequence analysis; wheat
- ... Seed shattering is an important trait related to the efficiency of harvesting seeds in crops. Although several genes have been identified to control seed shattering in rice (Oryza sativa L.), the genetic architecture underlying extensive variation of seed shattering is yet unclear. ‘Oonari’, a moderate-shattering indica rice cultivar, was developed from a mutant obtained through gamma-ray irradiat ...
- Kato, Hiroshi, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Field crops research 2011 v.123 no.1 pp. 19-27
- Oryza sativa; backcrossing; blast disease; chromosomes; disease resistance; genes; genetic background; genetic markers; introgression; isogenic lines; lowlands; rice; surveys; tropics; Philippines
- ... A set of near-isogenic lines for blast resistance genes was developed by using an Indica-type elite rice variety, IR49830-7-1-2-2, suitable for the rainfed lowland conditions in the tropics, as a genetic background. Initially, we revealed that IR49830-7-1-2-2 harbors five blast resistance genes –Pia, Pib, Pik-s, Pita, and Pi11(t) – by using a differential system involving 19 selected standard blas ...
- Kato, Hiroshi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2010 v.120 no.6 pp. 1233-1240
- Oryza sativa; agronomic traits; chromosome mapping; chromosomes; crop production; crossing; genes; genetic markers; marker-assisted selection; microsatellite repeats; rice; tillering
- ... Tillering is one of the most important agronomic traits related to grain production in rice (Oryza sativa L.). A japonica-type variety, Aikawa 1, is known to have low-tiller number. The detailed location of a low-tillering gene, Ltn, which has been localized on chromosome 8 in Aikawa 1, was confirmed by molecular mapping. Using BC₅F₂ individuals derived from a cross between IR64 and Aikawa 1, the ...