Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Fuquan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Cell 2019 v.176 no.3 pp. 625-635.e14
- Human immunodeficiency virus 1; genes; messenger RNA; ribosomes; translation (genetics); virus replication; viruses
- ... Programmed -1 ribosomal frameshifting (-1PRF) is a widely used translation recoding mechanism. HIV-1 expresses Gag-Pol protein from the Gag-coding mRNA through -1PRF, and the ratio of Gag to Gag-Pol is strictly maintained for efficient viral replication. Here, we report that the interferon-stimulated gene product C19orf66 (herein named Shiftless) is a host factor that inhibits the -1PRF of HIV-1. ...
- Yang, Fuquan, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2009 v.106 no.19 pp. 7945-7950
- Vesiculovirus; genes; interferon-beta; proteins; signal transduction; transcription factor NF-kappa B; viruses
- ... IFN-stimulated gene 56 (ISG56) is one of the first identified proteins induced by viruses and type I IFNs. In this study, we identified ISG56 as a virus-induced protein associated with MITA, an adapter protein involved in virus-triggered induction of type I IFNs. Overexpression of ISG56 inhibited Sendai virus-triggered activation of IRF3, NF-κB, and the IFN-β promoter, whereas knockdown of ISG56 h ...
- PubMed Central: