Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Fuquan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Cell 2019 v.176 no.3 pp. 625-635.e14
- Human immunodeficiency virus 1; genes; messenger RNA; ribosomes; translation (genetics); virus replication; viruses
- ... Programmed -1 ribosomal frameshifting (-1PRF) is a widely used translation recoding mechanism. HIV-1 expresses Gag-Pol protein from the Gag-coding mRNA through -1PRF, and the ratio of Gag to Gag-Pol is strictly maintained for efficient viral replication. Here, we report that the interferon-stimulated gene product C19orf66 (herein named Shiftless) is a host factor that inhibits the -1PRF of HIV-1. ...
- Yang, Fuquan, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of Proteome Research 2015 v.14 no.9 pp. 3835-3847
- Drosophila melanogaster; Wolbachia; bacteria; chromatin; cytoplasmic incompatibility; females; genes; hosts; immunity; insects; males; microsatellite repeats; phenotype; protein synthesis; proteolysis; proteome; proteomics; seminal plasma proteins; spermatheca
- ... To investigate the molecular mechanisms of cytoplasmic incompatibility (CI) induced by Wolbachia bacteria in Drosophila melanogaster, we applied an isobaric tags for relative and absolute quantitation (iTRAQ)-based quantitative proteomic assay to identify differentially expressed proteins extracted from spermathecae and seminal receptacles (SSR) of uninfected females mated with either 1-day-old Wo ...