Jump to Main Content
- Ijaz, Babar, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Euphytica 2018 v.214 no.9 pp. 167
- Gossypium hirsutum; backcrossing; biomass production; chromosome mapping; epistasis; field experimentation; genes; genetic improvement; harvest index; heterosis; inbred lines; loci; overdominance; phenotypic variation; phytomass; plant breeding; plant height; quantitative trait loci
- ... Plant height determines plant biomass yield, harvest index and economic yield. We analyzed quantitative trait loci (QTL) and gene action controlling plant height. We generated the maternal and paternal testcrossing (TC/M and TC/P) populations based on a recombinant inbred line population. Data for plant height at t1, t2, t3, t4 or t5 stages were collected over 2 years from 3 TC/M field trials and ...
- Ijaz, Babar, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2017 v.215 pp. 163-175
- Arabidopsis; biosynthesis; cellulose; cellulose synthase; chromosomes; data collection; developmental stages; genes; hemicellulose; microsatellite repeats; models; phylogeny; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; seed development; sequence analysis; soybeans
- ... The plant cellulose synthase gene superfamily belongs to the category of type-2 glycosyltransferases, and is involved in cellulose and hemicellulose biosynthesis. These enzymes are vital for maintaining cell-wall structural integrity throughout plant life. Here, we identified 78 putative cellulose synthases (CS) in the soybean genome. Phylogenetic analysis against 40 reference Arabidopsis CS genes ...