Jump to Main Content
- Ismail, Arshad, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Ecological research 2018 v.33 no.3 pp. 629-640
- Acaryochloris; Bacillariophyceae; Chlorophyceae; DNA; DNA barcoding; Eustigmatophyceae; Trebouxiophyceae; algae; biological soil crusts; community structure; genes; geography; heavy metals; internal transcribed spacers; microbial ecology; microclimate; microorganisms; rain; ribosomal RNA; serpentine; serpentine soils; soil properties; taxonomy; South Africa
- ... Climate and geography can influence biological soil crust (BSC) community composition, but local heterogeneity in variables such as soil characteristics or microclimate gradients can also impact cryptogamic diversity. Heavy metals and nutrient imbalances in serpentine soils are known to influence the distributions of higher plants, but cryptogamic species appear to be more tolerant of substrate. T ...
- Ismail, Arshad, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Genomics Data 2017
- Bacillus oleronius; Bacillus sporothermodurans; Reticulitermes santonensis; amino acids; carbohydrates; genes; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; protein metabolism; ribosomal RNA; transfer RNA
- ... Bacillus oleronius strain DSM 9356 isolated from the termite Reticulitermes santonensis was sequenced to gain insights in relation to its closest phylogenetic neighbor Bacillus sporothermodurans. The draft genome of strain DSM 9356 contains 5,083,966bp with an estimated G+C content of 35%, 4899 protein-coding genes, 116 tRNAs and 18 rRNAs. The RAST annotation assigned these genes into 462 subsyste ...