Jump to Main Content
- Jothikumar, Narayanan, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2012 v.420 no.4 pp. 738-742
- DNA; Escherichia coli; agar; genes; microbial detection; nucleotide sequences; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; temperature
- ... In this study we report the development of a simple target-specific isothermal nucleic acid amplification technique, termed genome exponential amplification reaction (GEAR). Escherichia coli was selected as the microbial target to demonstrate the GEAR technique as a proof of concept. The GEAR technique uses a set of four primers; in the present study these primers targeted 5 regions on the 16S rRN ...
- Jothikumar, Narayanan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Parasitology research 2010 v.106 no.2 pp. 499-504
- Baylisascaris procyonis; Procyon lotor; cytochrome-c oxidase; eggs; genes; humans; larva migrans; nucleic acids; parasites; polluted soils; public health; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; risk; soil sampling; sowing; surface water
- ... Baylisascaris procyonis is a helminth parasite commonly found in North American raccoons (Procyon lotor) that is a cause of clinical neural, ocular, and visceral larva migrans in humans when infective eggs are ingested. Rapid detection of B. procyonis eggs in contaminated soil and water would assist public health analysts in evaluating risks associated with public exposure to areas of known raccoo ...
- Jothikumar, Narayanan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2005 v.71 no.6 pp. 3131-3136
- Adenoviridae; DNA; DNA primers; detection limit; energy transfer; fluorescence; genes; humans; polymerase chain reaction; prototypes; serotypes; taxonomy; viral load; viruses
- ... A quantitative real-time TaqMan PCR assay for detection of human adenoviruses (HAdV) was developed using broadly reactive consensus primers and a TaqMan probe targeting a conserved region of the hexon gene. The TaqMan assay correctly identified 56 representative adenovirus prototype strains and field isolates from all six adenovirus species (A to F). Based on infectious units, the TaqMan assay was ...
- PubMed Central: